Facebook taxes

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hemet dennis, Feb 15, 2013.

1. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Well Facebook made $ 1 billion but wont pay any income taxes, but they will be getting a refund of over $ 400 million.

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Whaa? How is that even possible?
    Nikki

3. hemet dennis

Anything is possible if you write the tax codes.

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

5. hemet dennis

6. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Speaking of taxes I was reading how in Cyprus the government will be taxing people's banks deposits.They have to raise money so that they get more money from an EU bailout. Can you imagine having your personal checking and savings accounts taxed over 6%?

They say it is a one time tax. You bet it is because people will not be putting their money back into the bank. The government closed banks and hmmm the ATMs do not work so people can not pull their money before the taxation starts.

If the government gets away with this in Cyprus it is just a matter of time before other countries do it. I just do not see how the government can get away with taxing your personal money.They already taxed the pay check!

As for Facebook I am not suprised.I think there was an article about General Electric avoiding taxes as well. The American way-the rich get richer,and the poor pay more taxes..Oligarchy.

7. hemet dennis

The Cyprus tax wont happen. You have the realize that Russians have a lot of money in Cyprus banks, so they floated this tax as a way to get Russia to help them. But the Russians don't want to help them too much because they don't want Cyprus to be able to afford to develop the natural gas fields there. Russia likes supplying most of the natural gas to Europe.

8. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    What's FaceBook????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by