FACTORY FARMING'S POSITIVE IMAGE THROUGH USE OF BIBLE VERSE ON EGG CARTONS

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by GOLDENRULER, Jul 27, 2013.

1. GOLDENRULER

GOLDENRULER Hatching

Jul 27, 2013
    What a brilliant move by the likes of factory farm lobbyist, Rick Berman and his marketing group. What consumer would dare to associate the horros of chicken life in a factory farm with a beautiful bible verse. What next ? Verses on pork and beef packaging ?

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Really???? [​IMG]

3. cassie

cassie Crowing

Mar 19, 2009
    First of all I don't think factory farms are all that horrible. Animals that are not well cared for do not produce at an optimum level. There are some places that are bad, but there are a lot that aren't. By the way, do you have any idea how livestock is cared for in a lot of other countries? Any idea at all?

4. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Songster

Apr 15, 2011
    Commercially raised animals tend to be highly productive for short periods of time, which should not be mistaken with being healthy or having excellent husbandry provided. Lobby groups from both camps skew the data both ways, but there is solid data out there that illustrates issues such as drug resistant bacteria, pesticide load and effect, and chronic stress. I remember chronic stress in chickens was a topic filled with paid "research papers" from both AR groups and chicken producers. I had to really, reeeeaaallly dig to find less biased sources on that one.

Somewhere in-between pigs crying tears and food that is the best and safest in the world is the more factual reality. I haven't been impressed with what I've seen and tasted to the point where I made major life changes to be able to raise my own food.

Can't find anything about Bible quotes and commercial eggs, or evidence of a targeted marketing scheme on that. What are your sources on that Goldenruler? A typical marketing method though is use of images and words that paint a serene picture of lower intensity farming methods (ie. rolling meadows with free-roaming animals) when commercial methods are being used.

5. newfoundland

newfoundland Songster

Jul 1, 2010
    What surprises me is that there are factory farming lobbyists!

1 person likes this.
  6. Amastacia

Amastacia Songster

May 9, 2013
    SW Michigan
    i have a handful of cartons that someone gave me for reuse that have the Jesus fish on them. don't remember the brand off hand, or what the proper name for the fish is, but i do find it a little annoying. being so obviously Christian often has nothing to do with the quality of your product. we have a home improvement company in the area that proudly totes themselves as a Christian company and are the first to rip you off, not to mention firing people who are uncomfortable with praying before company meetings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: