1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fail!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PotterWatch, Sep 19, 2009.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    This was posted on the AOL welcome screen as a headline:

Reporter Scolded
    For His Sneezes
    Health Official Chastises Him for What
    He Did Wrong: But He Grins & Bares It

Lordy!!! Don't people who write this stuff have to have a good command of the language? Does no one proofread before publishing?

2. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    In my dreams I have nightmares that I am reading advertisements and publications written by people who command English only as a second or third occupational language. You know when you call tech support and you get some guy in India? Like that. Only its in my everyday reading- billboards, buses, cereal boxes, every where I lay my eyes.

I am not kidding, I literally have those dreams and they are SO frustrating! I wake up wanting to SCREAM.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  3. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Yeah, I have no problem with mistakes in casual situations such as this forum. It bothers me when I see mistakes made in situations where you know good and well they should be using proper English and proofreading. If you are getting paid to write something, use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  4. Equus5O

Equus5O Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know if this belongs in this particular rant, but this bugs the crap out of me......

THE TIME IS NOW!
    ENGLEWOOD RECYCLE!

This is on a banner across the main avenue in town, and now on pamphlets.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by