Failed Hatch...looking for Blue/Black/Splash Orps again

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Jessika, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Jessika

Jessika Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    I have been really lucky with some great hatches! But for some reason last eggs (due last Saturday) have had issues. I have 2 born on Sat but that was it...out of 12 eggs. Both still had blood in their shells...quite a bit. A few died in their shell too. I stagger hatches and all others have been fine. So I have to chalk it up to a)luck b)Harsh PO treatment c)Operator error (meaning I some how screwed up). I still have them in hatcher...hopeful thinking. Absolutely not sellers fault...all developed to some point.

Anyways does anyone have any eggs for sale in this variety. I was sooooooo lucky I got the last ones even. I know they go fast....

1/2 a dozen would do even.

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

You might want to try ***--she's got cockerels galore & may have an extra one for sale that you can pair up with your hen I'm bringing you. [​IMG] Just an idea. Otherwise, I'll have eggs for sale next spring.

Edited to say that I'd be willing to bring you down a roo, if you end up with one from ***

Edited by moderation to remove banned member name.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2008
  3. Jessika

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    ***? Is that the BYC name for her? I am looking for contact info for her......

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

***. I'm trading her one of my black orp pullets for one of her blue cockerels and she may be buying another black orp pullet from me....I remember her sending me pics & saying she's got LOTS of extra roos!

5. Jessika

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    Thank you I will see what I can find out. A roo would be nice. [​IMG]

I just don't want to give up on hatching yet. Only I don't want to hatch just anything because everything I hatch needs to have a purpose. Even the silkies are useful...or so they say they make good bators... lol (We will see....they are my DD). So I am looking for eggs of certain types.

I have a bunch of chicks alive and kicking at the moment (Barred Rock, BluexBR, EE (4 all together from two different hatchs...still learning), Silkies, Buff Orps, Quail, and now a couple of B/B/S Orps). I have only had a zero hatch once so for a newbie I'm not doing so bad. 10 hatches since September. 3 different bators. I am far from discouraged.

I just went and counted every chick from every hatch (including quail) and I have 51 chicks still alive and doing good (quail or chicken...ages day old - 4 weeks old) [​IMG]

6. bmchickens

bmchickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2008
    w.v.
    we've got a black giant roo,breeding 5 black australorps,if interested. asking $1.00 per egg plus shipping. please p.m. if interesed.these should hatch out nice. thanx,[​IMG]

7. Jessika

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    That is very nice of you but i am going to hold out for awhile and see what I can find. Thanks anyways! [​IMG]

8. Jessika

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    I am still looking if anyone has any leads......

I have one Blue Orp a few weeks old and I would like more before this one is an adult chicken. LOL

Thanks!

9. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Try Miss Prissy or bamachicken. I have no idea what their wait time is but it is worth checking into.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by