1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Failed to create subscription

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by speckledhen, Aug 31, 2016.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That's the error message I get when I try to subscribe to one of my old threads (which I thought I was still subscribed to). I linked to it and wanted to re-subscribe so if someone posts on it, I'd be notified. Any ideas? It's the Trapped a Dog on my Deck, Got an Earful thread from 2010 I started.

ETA: It won't let me susbscribe to this one, either.

ETA: Just now tried to do it from the profile page and it worked, but didn't on the actual thread.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I've also been having subscription issues, but mine are a little different... It seems like many threads have unsubscribed me, but I can't see a pattern.

-Kathy

3. speckledhen

For awhile, I was being subscribed to every one I posted on, then I went into my control panel and changed it back to NEVER subscribe or something like that and it fixed it. How it got like that in the first place, I have no idea, certainly wasn't me that did it. GREMLINS!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  4. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Why won't it automatically subscribe?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The dark gray means I am not subscribed.
    Windows 10
    Chrome
    52.0.2743.116​

-Kathy​

5. speckledhen

I just checked and I still cannot subscribe to a thread from the first post, still get the error message. I can, however, subscribe to any thread that pops up on the feed on my profile page.

6. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  7. speckledhen

8. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

9. speckledhen

@Nifty-Chicken , there be gremlins here!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  10. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by