Failure!!

maralynn28

Songster
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Corpus Christi, TX
So we finished the run and got a kiddie pool for the ducklings! It was pretty nice out and thought we should celebrate so got a bag of crickets and a bag of feeder fishies for the duckies. Put the fish in the water, the ducks drank and paid them no mind. FINALLY, one of the ducks noticed the moving things in the water and ate it up. The rest followed...but the fish were slow and it was very uneventful. Thought we had a second shot with the crickets...got the kids set up with video camera...opened the pack of crickets AND---- the crickets crawled around while the duckies cowered in the corner.
gig.gif
My daughter even picked up a cricket and tried to hand feed it to the ducks and it hopped on the ducky back instead.
hu.gif

Crazy duckies scared of crickets!!!! I checked back and saw all the crickets are gone, but I think they are just hidden in the hay.
idunno.gif

Thought this would be so fun, the kids (and I) were very disappointed...guess back to PEAS. So far seems to be the only treat to get a rise out of them.
gig.gif

My ducks love them...They see my pick up the shovel to go dig- and they come running..I have to push them out of the way so I can dig!!!

Back
Top Bottom