fair price for BSL pullets?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by HillCountryMomma, Aug 19, 2008.

1. HillCountryMomma

HillCountryMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2008
    I have a friend wanting to buy some of my home hatched/raised BSL pullets.

They are almost 13 weeks old and have been raised very natually. No meicated feeds, in a tractor and now started free ranging. Very nice healthy girls. I'm not looking for top dollar prices, just what's fair for us both.

Thanks,
    Liz

2. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    At 13 weeks I would probably sell them for 12.50 a piece. I get 10.00 for ten weeks old.

3. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    Alot depends on where you live and how badly someone wants them and how badly you want to get rid of them. I just sold 10 BO, 14 weeks and 19 weeks. 2 of them were Jodi's Buffs and were beautiful. I got $8.50 apiece and did not even recover my cost of hatching them and feeding. We have a lot of chickens in MI and they go cheap. I figured I was cutting my lose by selling them that cheap. If I had waited for someone to come along who would pay what they were really worth, I would have a lot more $ in them with the cost of feed. At $15 apiece I may have broke even. Sooo, it all depends.

4. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Pullets here in east Tn. (about to begin laying) are going for $10-$12.00 each.

5. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    The Wilson County Fair is this week. Most of the pullets that are there for sale are selling for about $10, including a lot of BSLs.

6. Psittizen Shikkin

Psittizen Shikkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Oroville, California
    BSL? :|

7. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Black sex-links. [​IMG]

8. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Wow, I was getting ready to sell off a few chicks I've hatched out over the last couple weeks to about 2 months old and was only going to ask for $3 - $5 for them. Maybe I'll have to raise my price just a little bit but still offer a package deal if getting 4 or more chicks.

Jayare

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by