Fair prices for chicks.

Julie_A

Songster
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Brewton, Ala.
What would you consider a fair price for Silver Laced Wyandottes from non-hatchery birds and Americauna chicks? They will be sold straight-run as day olds or sexed as month olds.

Thanks

Quote:
I guess it would depend on the quality of the parent stock. We are still trying to price our SLW chicks for the spring...maybe around $10....not sure yet.

Bought these from a fellow BYCer. I would think they'll be good pet birds. I live in a really rural area and am trying to figure a price based on hatchery price plus shipping.

It really depends! Right now I can't get rid of 9 week old Gold and Silver Laced Wyandottes for $9 or 3 for $25, where 2 weeks ago I was getting $10 each.

It's really dependent on what the weather is doing, and time of year. We had nice weather for a couple of weeks and folks wanted new birds. Now...notsomuch.

I can tell you that some of the best SLW I have found sell for 5.00 each plus shipping for hatching eggs. I have some of these and I do not regret the price one bit. But 5.00 shipped eggs make 10.00 chicks pretty darn reasonable if the quality is awesome.

In general I find that breeders with great quality sell day olds for bout 8-10 each, but this is usually from proven breeders with some kind of show record or at minimum their lines have a show record.

Back
Top Bottom