Fair season is coming!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Henicillin, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Henicillin

Henicillin Pill Counting Pullet

Apr 12, 2011
    East Nassau, NY
    [​IMG] Our first reasonably local county fair is in less than a month - it's almost fair season!

Just figured I'd share, as somehow I think that folks who hang around at BYC can appreciate my enthusiasm. [​IMG]

2. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    Yep, we're at T minus 3 weeks for our local fair. And at ours, the poultry show starts it off so we LOVE opening day!! [​IMG]

3. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Ours is going on right now and I have discount tickets for that. I don't think I'm going to go, though. I wish they would have people showing ducks there. They have chickens and turkeys, but not a huge variety of those, either. Last year, the best animal I saw were two little wild baby American Avocet chicks running around in a lagoon in the middle of the fair, lol. I also don't have money to buy a lot of things, either. Usually, I enter something into the art show, but it costs so much to enter things nowadays.

4. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Nevada state youth 4-h fair starts in 1 month and 29 days

5. TheBrumstead

TheBrumstead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Hobart, IN
    Ours is in August. Which means long hours at the Tupperware booth [​IMG] I'm going to another county's fair next month as a spectator. Fully plan on dragging my husband into the chicken barn if he hasn't said yes yet [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by