Fairy egg at 11 months?

Organic Gal

Songster
Nov 12, 2019
Rising Sun, MD
Hi All,
I have 5 pullets all 11 months old and today I found a fairy egg(1 1/4 inches). I was surprised as the pullets have been laying full size eggs for quite a while, 1 or 2 a day due to the weather. Is this normal to get a a fairy egg at this age?

The funny thing is, I have a pullet who only lays mini eggs. :rolleyes: :confused: The other one of the same breed lays perfectly normal eggs though. What breed(s) do you have?

The funny thing is, I have a pullet who only lays mini eggs. :rolleyes: :confused: The other one of the same breed lays perfectly normal eggs though. What breed(s) do you have?
I have 1 Wyandotte, 2 Barred Rock and 2 Buff Orpingtons. The egg came from one of the Barred Rock I think because of the color

I have one silkie who lays mini eggs and her sister, who is smaller, produces much bigger eggs. I suppose one small egg is just a blip.

Attachments

• 42562514-6D5B-4181-B33B-8A1F9A64E703.jpeg
    42562514-6D5B-4181-B33B-8A1F9A64E703.jpeg
    348 KB · Views: 3
Any hen can lay a fairy egg once in a while. It's only if it becomes a consistent pattern that you need to worry about it.
Woah, hold on. Worry about it? I have a pullet who's been laying fairy eggs for about a month. Is something wrong with her?

Woah, hold on. Worry about it? I have a pullet who's been laying fairy eggs for about a month. Is something wrong with her?

If she's still a young pullet it could be normal.

It takes a while for their systems to iron out egg production. In a mature hen consistent laying of fairy eggs could be a sign of reproductive problems.

If she's still a young pullet it could be normal.

It takes a while for their systems to iron out egg production. In a mature hen consistent laying of fairy eggs could be a sign of reproductive problems.
Oh, good. She's about six months old. So it should go away after a while?

Back
Top Bottom