Fairy Gardens anyone???????

Kassaundra

Sonic screwdrivers are cool!
12 Years
Sep 1, 2010
Henryetta
I saw a new thread on TEG about this and thought I'd post one here on BYC since it is so much more active over here. I am wanting to make one for my step mother and was wondering if anyone here had pics or what plants work well or where they are finding the little doo dads to decorate them.

I have made a couple of small ones. We have a garden center that sells small plants and miniatures just for Fairy gardens.

I have made a couple of small ones. We have a garden center that sells small plants and miniatures just for Fairy gardens.
Cool. I am going to look around the next time I go to a garden center for plants that will work. Do you have a recommended plant list that would work for fairy gardens? That would certainly make my search easier and less likely to fail.

Here are a few pictures of a fairy garden that my 8 year old made last summer :) Along with the little letter the fairy wrote her at the end of summer :)

Not really, but there are websites galore!

I used some Peperomia 'mini watermelon' and Fittonia 'mini red'. I bought some Dragon's Blood Sedum the other day that looks like it would be great.

Here is my daughter's. We made a couple others, but the cat ate them this winter.

Back
Top Bottom