Fairy Houses~~~pics on pg 5(ugly!!!)

MonkeyZero

Songster
12 Years
Sep 14, 2007
Modesto Ca
Yes, even though Im an adult, i believe in fairies(not the tooth fairy, cuz I am her at my home)

But i was curious, do any of you believe and or keep a fairy house. I want to make one without nails and glue, all natural. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I do but in our culture they are called "The Little People" and they are not your sterotypical faeries.

I used hoof glue to put my little house together. It is made of pieces of bark, moss, rock and clay.

My best friend in the world is an older believer in faeries and she makes beautiful little faery houses out of natural products too. She has convinced me I need another one near my garden and one near my coop in the woods. So...I will be making two more. When I begin, I will take pics.

I have two fairy doors.......one at the front......one in the back......

DH and all the kids think I am insane, but hey......makes me happy and so they can........well, bite it! LOL

We also have many trees in the front that I swear are houses.........

I believe!

I just looked up fairy houses - how adorable is this?
smile.png

fairy_house1.jpg

I always wanted a fairy garden - with everything really tiny, little house, garden etc.... I never did get round to it.
I wanted little fairy's as well - they're pretty pricey if you buy them - I guess the best thing would be to make everything with stuff on hand...............

We have fairy houses all around our place. Even gnome homes.

Knots in trees, hollowed out parts of trees, logs, rocks, you name it...It's out there.

Some we have built. Others were already here naturally when we bought the farm.

My girls and I have put together some while my husband would just watch thinking we are weird. Well after a while I even noticed him collecting things to help us in our 'fairy house construction projects'.

I took a broken 'toad house' and reconstructed it for the fairies...
love.gif

Little spots in the flower beds and gardens. A few little things set up in the barn--just incase the fairies choose to visit during our lambing season. We have made nature trails throughout the property and every once in awhile we put a little house out there for them, or find something natural and figure the fairies have already moved in...

Our girls like to go out looking for the gnomes and there houses too. Find a low knot in a tree, or a hollowed out spot and they will say thats one of the gnomes houses...
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom