1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fake smiles in photographs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Royd, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    I know that they aren't real, and I think they are tacky.

Who's guilty?

2. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    not me! [​IMG] when I smile my whole face shows it's genuine. I dislike fake smiles in photos too, they're pretty easy to spot

3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Not me either! I'm innocent. My best friend has lived in Russia for several years and Russians don't smile for pictures. I was told the reason why but I don't remember it. But we like to try "Russian photographs" and intentionally not smile... It usually fails. [​IMG] But fake smiles are the worst.

4. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    Quote:I am, sometimes. But, my Momma hated having her photo made. After she died, I realized I have very few photos of her. I also hate having my picture made. I let my kids take as many as they want now. Even if it is an embarassing picture, I let them decide whether they want to keep it or not. I wish my Mom had done the same! i miss her, and having pictures helps you to remember the small things that you otherwise would forget.

5. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    There do seem to be two kinds of people, when the camera is produced, even for candid shots....Either, they hide their faces or go into automatic smile mode, especially if they know it's pointing at them.

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I do it all the time, I admit it, I have no problem with it either. People expect a smile in a picture and rather than listen to them beg for a smile I smile.

7. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

If I can't hide somewhere, then I'll paste a very fake looking smile on. I HATE having my picture taken.

8. Wife With 2 Kids

Wife With 2 Kids Out Of The Brooder

Nov 24, 2011
    Quote:yep I am guilty of this too - I just hate having my photo taken but if I have to - Id rather see one of me smiling and not looking sour. [​IMG][​IMG] or [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Charon

Charon Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2011
    Drummond, OK
    Quote:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2011
  10. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I'm allergic to cameras.. so you won't find many pics of me... and if someone does manage to take one you can bet I'm not smiling

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by