Faked out Chicken!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cheeptrick, Aug 28, 2007.

1. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Ok...my one with the 'moist' wide vent [​IMG] was in the basket that I put the store bought egg in yesterday to fake out the kids. After I put the egg in the nest, she kept pacing back and forth near the nest and chasing off any others who came near. Of course, I removed the egg after she stopped guarding it. BUT today she's occupied the nest that I put the joke egg in.
    I wonder? Could today be the day...she did look very interested in the egg after I put it in the nest....I ssshhhed her and told her not to tell the kids! [​IMG]
    I'll post pictures of the first egg as soon...and I've decided the VENT pictures will be informative...so in the NAME Of SCIENCE...I'll post some of my chicken vents! [​IMG]

2. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Quote:Please lable those as SCARY / OFFENSIVE some of us would like a warnig before vieing THAT

3. DoctorGoose

DoctorGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2007
    Woodinville,WA
    I wanna see!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

LOL, if someone can't look at a chicken's vent, God help 'em if they have an eggbound hen and have to try to extract the egg! C'mon, are we really that sensitive about chicken parts?? [​IMG]

5. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    ok dumb question but what is a vent?

6. DoctorGoose

DoctorGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2007
    Woodinville,WA
    The...uh...egg depository receptacle? Lol! Where the egg comes out! [​IMG]

7. Amanda

Amanda Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2007
    Dayton, MN
    Er…um...so not everybody looks at their chicken butts’ everyday or so? [​IMG] My son and I have been doing a vent check once a day lately, yesterday we had two mystery eggs, we still don't whom they came from. We even did side by side comparisons yesterday lol. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by