Falcon vs Chickens - Chickens WIN

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by suevit, Nov 4, 2009.

1. suevit

suevit Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2009
    A happier note; my husband was painting the barn/coop at my daughters house where my girls live and heard a large racket in the pen, he went to see what the commotion was about and to his surprise he saw the girls attacking a small falcon! It had found a way through a dip in the overhead net and couldn't get out. Everytime it landed on the ground the girls & boys would attack it. Finally it hung upside down from the chicken wire. Hubby must have been afraid because he called me at home and I rushed over to save it. Yes, save it. What a beautiful bird. It must have been a young one to think he could take on a chicken twice its size. It was grey and white with yellow over its nose and the most beautiful copper colored eyes. Anyway, I threw a towel over it and its heart was pounding but it didn't freak out even though its head wasn't covered. It wasn't at all aggressive. I think it was thankful for being saved from the "girls". I couldn't distroy it. I'm sure it has learned its lesson. (I know, I know who am I kidding).
    Sue

2. gsim

gsim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    East Tennessee
    Ha-ha! Another pred lives to fight again another day! LOL [​IMG]

3. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    I would have saved it too! Birds of Prey are intelligent, so maybe it's realized how hard chickens are to eat, and it will ignore them as potential food until it's starving half to death before trying again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by