Fall chickens and eggs (pics)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sillyaboutchickens, Nov 23, 2009.

1. sillyaboutchickens

sillyaboutchickens Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2009
    NH
    I have heard it is relaxing to watch fish swim in an aquarium, but personally I would rather watch my chickens!

[​IMG]
    The chickens are snuggling on the sun warmed rocks outside the coop.

[​IMG]
    Ventress is a pretty chicken. I wonder what color eggs she will lay.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Java showed her "true colors" last week when she layed her first egg..... It was green! We thought she was a Java. I guess not. She has no beard or ear muffs and she definately has a rump, but I guess somewhere in her lineage there is a mix. She seems to be a prolific layer so far. She has layed 5 eggs in 6 days! She apparently did not think the temporary nesting boxes were quite good enough because she chose to crawl into a bag of wood chips to lay her eggs. Silly girl! I am happy to report she is now using the new, permanent nesting boxes (today anyway:D).

[​IMG]
    Today's eggs from Java (green) and Ahsoka (brown). Java has layed an egg every day for the last 3 days and Ahsoka has layed an egg for the past two days. Her first egg was Friday.

2. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    Beautiful eggs and adorable chickens! [​IMG] I'm with you on the better to watch the chickens thing. [​IMG]

3. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    I think your Autumn leaves show off the colours of your chickens very well and Congrats on that eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by