Fall Feast

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by welsummerchicks, Sep 25, 2010.

1. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    We combine kind of a fall harvest feast with my friend's birthday. I've been cooking all day, it's a little hard as I am still laid up.

An tomato aspic (jello salad) with tomato juice, herbs and spices, celery, slices of hardboiled egg, olives, mild onions.

Green salad with home made dressing, avocados, artichoke hearts.

Chex mix for nibbling during the football game

Artichoke leaves with cold mayonaise to nibble on

Brussel Sprouts, hollowed out and stuffed with home made French salad dressing, and chilled

A whole bunch of little miniature sandwiches on pumpernickel bread with different fillings - shrimp salad, edam cheese, egg salad with chipotle mayonaise, black bean with cheese, deviled chicken and ham, cucumber/cream cheese, a couple other fillings I can't recall.

Soup of broth with a dollop of sour cream and caviar, flavored with dry sherry

Pear shrub - it's made with pear juice, vinegar(yup), lots of sugar, and mixed with crushed ice and half and half with canada dry ginger ale.

Roasted turkey (not stuffed)

Sweet and sour cabbage with apples

Jasmine rice

Dessert - devil's food chocolate cake with cream cheese, cinamon, pecan frosting, Cocomoko (equal amounts of strong coffee and cocoa, topped with fresh ground cinamon and whipped cream, that can be served either hot or cold.

We are totally and completely stuffed. We swear, we will never eat again. Til tomorrow...and...leftovers...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  2. math ace

math ace Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    My only question is - - - Why weren't your friends on BYC invited BEFORE dinner was served ?

3. nonseq

nonseq Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    Central Ohio
    That sounds lovely.

4. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    'why not invite byc'. LOL. Because I'm not yet up to cooking AND cleaning the house AND getting myself dressed up, LOL! This was strictly a 'holy t-shirt and paint spattered biking shorts' feast, LOL.

I wasn't able to make everything I had originally planned to, didn't make jamakai, I had to lie down as I started hurting. But everything was made here, nothing bought already made. He was watching football so was snacking away and talking to the tv. You know how they do. As if the tv is listening...LOL.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  5. nonseq

nonseq Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Have you been ill?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by