Fall Garden Planning?

lotsochicks

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 29, 2013
I was wondering when I should start planting my fall vegetables? I live in OK. Since it has been not as hot as the past couple years, I'm not really sure. I would like to plant lettuce, radishes, spinach, etc.

Also, my neighbor has a greenhouse that she doesn't use anymore. It doesn't have plastic, it's just the frame. I was wondering what kind of plastic to use for the greenhouse, what is the best price and where to find it?

Thanks,

Hannah in OK

I'm no expert on gardening....

I get plastic rolls at Sherwin Williams. I think its .3mil. Not sure exactly. A little bit thicker, but its that milky white almost see-thru stuff. Fairly inexpensive.

I'm near Austin, Tx and I start my gardens from seed. I usually start my seeds indoors sometime the middle to end of Sept. Usually have them in the greenhouse first of October and in the ground by the end of October. This allows me to harvest all the way thru February. I stagger and replant a lot to keep harvesting, etc. I rotate my garden areas seasonally, planting cover crops to give them a rest. Pretty much tho, I have gardens year round. Keeps food on my table.
smile.png

Not sure how much hotter it is north of the Red River, but maybe that will get you a start.

I'm interested to know what others do as well. This is just what has worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom