1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fall in Florida

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jdywntr, Oct 25, 2011.

1. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Couldn't resist posting these.

Hmm, what is this big orange thing?
    [​IMG]

Oh, its good!
    [​IMG]

The pumpkin lasted for 2 days between the ducks and the chickens.

And finally, fall in Florida. Two of my muscovies favorite spot.
    [​IMG]

2. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

This will be my house sunday when we start carving pumpkins lol. They look to be enjoying it very much!

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Sweet pics. A couple of my new girls like to use our outside chairs to relax in, only problem is they always leave behind booby traps to sit in if we aren't careful. lol

4. jdywntr

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    My runners would nap under the lawn chair. My muscovy female and the male pictured like to sleep on it. I will probably be keeping that male since he and the female are always hanging out together.

5. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Mine didn't like their pumpkin last year, so the dog carried it off instead.

6. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Thanks for sharing...I actually gave my chickens our pumkins "guts" Sunday and they loved them!!!

7. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Yup, my daughter needs to carve her two pumpkins SOON so that my chickens can have the guts. Sorry I'm a non-duck-owner but I couldn't resist "Fall in Florida"
    [​IMG]

8. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Quote:hehehe same here!

9. jdywntr

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    My husband works at a "large home improvement store" and there were several pumpkins that had bruises and were going to be thrown out. Another employee asked if she could take one for her chickens and recommended my husband bring one home for mine.

I cut out the bruise and let them at it. It lasted 2 days and now there is only a bit of pumpkine rind left which they all still peck at. I did remove the seeds from one half for the ducks but left them for the chickens.

I didn't think the ducks would like it. They took months before they would touch a tomato. They would taste it and shake their head like YUCK. [​IMG]

I think I'll be keeping an eye out for "spoiled" produce to give to the birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by