Fallen Victim to "Ding-Dong-Ditch"

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by quintinp, Jul 21, 2011.

1. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Yeah this morning at 5:00 a.m. I was woken up by a neighborhood prankster, and couldn't fall back asleep, and am posting it now on BYC, while eating cheese toast, fried bologna, and eggs, (over-medium, sunny side down.) And for the people that may not know what "Ding-Dong-Ditch" is, it's when someone rings the doorbell twice, and runs off.

2. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    That stinks. When be bought this house in 2006, the doorbell was broken. I've never felt the need to repair it.

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I can relate. Last year we were driving home on a back country road and my husband swerved to miss hitting a cat. As we passed it, we both realized we just got cardboard kittied. [​IMG] My kids thought it was hilarious and they laughed all the way home.

4. gamebirdboy

gamebirdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    They kept doing it every night at my house so I put up a cheap trail cam and the flash scared them. [​IMG]

5. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Cardboard kitty'd. [​IMG] Never heard of that.

Ding-dong-ditch...we used to do that when we were kids...only in the evening, though, and only in retaliation, of course. [​IMG]

Wonder how many of us grew up to be UPS drivers. [​IMG] They're the only ding-dong-ditchers we get now.

6. Sword

Sword Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2010
    Mundelein
    I thought ringing the doorbell and running was Ding-Dong-Dash, and Ding-Dong-Ditch is where you leave some slow witted sucker (like me) at the door and run. [​IMG]

7. hisdaughter

hisdaughter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Lakeland
    We used to call it ring and run..how imaginative, I know. As kids it was funny, but I can't say at any hr. that it would be funny now. Sure hope it was just a 1 time jokester

8. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:Wow, I'm feeling really old here. [​IMG] Never heard of cardboard kitty? [​IMG]

My brother was king of cardboard kitty. Where we lived there was a big hump in the road at the top of the hill. (ditch water went underneath the road there) You couldn't see over the top until you crested the hill. My brother made a cardboard kitty, complete with hidden wheels, fishing line and marbles for the eyes. He would hide in the ditch and pull the kitty with the fishing line. All went fine until he got busted by our mom because someone spun out on our front lawn trying to avoid the "cat".

9. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:[​IMG]

We used to randomly call phone numbers and ask if their refrigerator was running. When they would say yes, we'd say "then you'd better go catch it!" and hang up. Can't do that now with caller id.

10. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    Quote:Wow, I'm feeling really old here. [​IMG] Never heard of cardboard kitty? [​IMG]

My brother was king of cardboard kitty. Where we lived there was a big hump in the road at the top of the hill. (ditch water went underneath the road there) You couldn't see over the top until you crested the hill. My brother made a cardboard kitty, complete with hidden wheels, fishing line and marbles for the eyes. He would hide in the ditch and pull the kitty with the fishing line. All went fine until he got busted by our mom because someone spun out on our front lawn trying to avoid the "cat".

Thank you ~ thank you! [​IMG]

I had NO idea what cardboard kittied was!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by