Fall's here..........

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Birdman18, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Birdman18

Birdman18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    Queens, NY
    Summer's officially over.... [​IMG] [​IMG] Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy 1st day of Fall/Autumn, get ready for the changing leaves, drinking apple cider, etc... [​IMG]
    Hopefully this season will have something great to offer everyone!!

Enjoy ya'll !!!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  2. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Yep, by the calender that's the case, however we are having great summer weather yet. Just the medicine my tomatoes need for harvest.....bad for bowhunting, however that will change here shortly. [​IMG]

bigzio

3. Sammysmom

Sammysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Yep, the leaves are starting to turn here in NE Arizona! [​IMG] Nights are chilly, days still pleasantly warm. I LOVE this time of year!![​IMG]

4. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    It would be okay with me if October was about 10 months long. Simply the best time of year.

5. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    WHOOOOO! I LOVE AUTUMN!

I hung up Indian corn on our porch light yesterday, and got out the apple cinnamon housewarming candles (my personal fave). I anticipate crisp mornings, an earthy scent on the air, the colors of the changing leaves, warm, colorful sweaters, baking yummy things in the oven (like pumpkin bread) and seeing new birds at our feeders. Later on this week, I'll get cornstalks and prop them up in our front garden. October 1 will be the day I get the Hallowe'en lights out (yes, Hallowe'en lights).

I bought my pie fillings for Thanksgiving yesterday so that I wouldn't have to worry about it later. No sold-out woes for me! [​IMG]

Such happiness is mine...

6. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Its been pretty warm here during the day but the nights get nice and cool. Great sleeping weather!
    Happy first day of fall as well.[​IMG] Its the incentive I needed to get out the autumn decorations.[​IMG]

7. jorgey

jorgey Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2008
    Utah
    I know that it is here, but I refuse to accept it! I love fall, but my garden is actually still growing and producing and I don't want summer to end just yet. I think it's a losing battle. [​IMG]

8. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I love fall! It is my favorite season.

9. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Autumn is my favorite season too. I love the changing of the leaves and all the beautiful colors. We're already seeing the changes. Boy did it sneak up on us quickly.

Jody

10. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Same here in the Uk, leaves turning red and gold, very pretty, but am I a summer lover..(not that we get much!) and the fall tells me winter is rapidly approaching....hibernation time for me soon! Luckily we have had no rain for the last week or so, and it is so nice to be still able to do some gardening....planning to dig out another big flower bed tomorrow, have grown 300 perennial plants this summer so I am really looking forward to planting them this week........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by