Families all living together these days

I can not keep my mout shut here
lol.png
My son is 20, not living at home but said he was going to and hubby and I freaked only because he is a lazy turd and going ino the Navy was the best thing that happened to him. Now after the Navy if he were want to come home we would let him back in a heartbeat but with rules (cant play games all day and I am not your maid)
A farming family not far from us all live together (Grandma, Grandpa, 2 sons, 1 married with children daughter) it work great for them. I love going there and spending time with them. Now me live with my in laws
lol.png
Thats funny! I love them and respect them but no way! We lve VERY close to them and thats not fun. I dont think I could live wth my parents again either but if needed we would be there.
Good luck, you know whats right and no its not easy for "kids" to make it out on thier own now days.

no it certainly isnt wrong since my mother and dad told me that i can stay with them and move back with them whenever i needed to. Thats how real families do things that are loyal. but when they take advantage of you then thats when you put ur foot down. Theres nothing wrong with ur kids moving back in , as im 29 and live with my bf but i was told that i can come back home whenever i want and not have to ask.

That's great as long as everyone is happy with the arrangement.

For me, I would rather stab my eyes out with a duck-poop covered rake than live with my MIL.
Serious.

I think that many generations living together can be a good thing (and many people posted as such, esp if everyone in the household contributes to the best of their abilities)

After my father died of cancer, my son (at that time age 5) and I moved in with her. It was a really good 5 years all in all (other than the grieving).

For me, I would rather stab my eyes out with a duck-poop covered rake than live with my MIL. Serious.

yuckyuck.gif

Thank God my bladder was empty!
lau.gif

Quote:
I am doing the exact same thing starting tomorrow! My 22 yr. old will be moving back in after going it on his own for awhile. He wasn't ready for college before but, after seeing what you have to do for how little you get paid, he has decided to attend the local vocational school. He will be expected to remain gainfully employed and contribute at least $200 a month. $100 of that will be put into savings for emergency vehicle repairs and such, the other $100 will go toward general house bills.

My 18 yr. old son just graduated and will be going to the Guards and then college, so we will have the extra room. I have a 16 yr. old boy still in
school and this will keep him from being lonely, also.

The oldest couldn't afford to maintain an apartment and still attend school, so this is the best way. We are excited about him returning home and are glad he made this decision! He is very neat and hard-working, so he won't be a burden at all.

In these days, I think all families should pool their resources for the greater good of the whole. When the middle son completes his training, we are going to locate together somewhere and all live on the same property and share in the work. We all get along extremely well and love each other tremendously, so its a good solution to today's economy!

I say, kudos, Redfeathers! Its a great idea!!

I think if it works and everyone is happy, it's great.

I, personally, could not live with my mother *shudder*, but we did share a house with my father for the first 6 or so years of our marriage. We lived mostly seperately, though in that we had our own kitchen, bathroom and living quarters in the basement.

I am a very private person and doubt I could ever live with anyone again (other than my kids) if anything happens to my spouse. Let allone living with anyone else, kids mates, etc.. ;-)

Well my turn, I am one of those folks that have family living nearby. We live on 10 acres and in the beginning my oldest son, his wife and 2 children lived in our home.

They soon got their own home and moved about 100 yards away from my front porch.

It is a wonderful thing to have family close both for the young ones and the older folk (me).

On the other hand I also have a younger son who is working on his 3rd wife and doesn't know the meaning of sharing responsibility. Each time he has lived on "the place" but never made it long enough to get his own home going.

The older son and wife help with the farm chores and help my husband and I with things with can't physical do and we help them with some of their financial problems. All in all it works out only if each person respects the other and works together for the family.

DIL says when we get so "old" we sit on the porch she will make sure I get to the beauty shop once a month to have my hair done. Who could ask for a better DIL.

Back
Top Bottom