1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Family Crisis~ Please Pray!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by yodercountrygirl, Oct 27, 2009.

1. yodercountrygirl

yodercountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

We just found out last night that my DH's brother's wife is leaving him. They have been married for 11 years with 3 young boys. He is the pastor of a Baptist church. We did not see this coming at all. We are all very devistated.
    Please pray that she will see what kind of damage she has done and that God will heal our family.

sorry if this dosn't make much sence. Still in shock.

2. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Prays and hugs for you all! Just keep an open mind and remember there are 2 sides to every story and that those 3 boys need you all to handle this with them in mind regardless of your feelings for the SIL. [​IMG]

3. srsmith69

srsmith69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Prayers coming your way from Oklahoma. I pray for compassion, understanding, and a love beyond understanding for the husband and wife. I pray for loving comfort, security, for the children.

4. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Prayers for you and family.

5. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Prayers to you from another Missourian....[​IMG]

6. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    No matter how well you think you know someone, you really don't. You have no idea what the dynamics were in the marriage. What damage she is doing by leaving is irrelevant. For whatever reason, she couldn't take it (and you may never know what IT was) any more. If she is really that unhappy and miserable, it is probably better for all concerned if she leaves. The best thing you can do is to just support BIL, and be there for him. BTW, being a preacher's wife is a VERY tough row to hoe. No matter what she does, someone in the congregation is going to think it is wrong.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by