Family Crisis-SIL pic #1,#9; update...Sorry it's been a while....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by cjeanean, Feb 28, 2009.

1. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Hey everyone, it's me....I had my previous thread deleted (thanks, mods!) and now I'm starting a new one now that I've calmed down a bit. I know I'm gonna be venting and needing advice etc. from my chicken buddies, so that's the purpose of this thread. Anyone who has a comment or some words of wisdom please post, I appreciate everyone here and the support they've been giving us through all this. Just a little history:

My sister in law died on Feb 19th, leaving behind a grieving family and three children. My husband (Charlie) and I are taking custody of the two oldest, a 6yr old boy (Wesley) and an 8yr old girl (Jordyn), along with our own son, who is two days younger than Wesley. The baby is with his biological father. We are currently in the process of adjusting to having the kids with us, and right now we're getting their rooms put together.

She was a wonderful person, and although her last act was so final we still love her and miss her.

Anyways, I'm gonna get a few pics posted here. Thanks everyone, and God Bless!!!

Christina

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Christina,

You and your family have done a lovely thing, taking in your neice and nephew to become a part of your new family. We're all here to support you through good times & hard ones.

jenn.

3. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Those poor children. I hope your heart heals soon.
    Brenda

4. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Guys, I just got a package from luvmychicknkids (Christy) and I'm am so excited!!! The clothing she sent is just beautiful, and the kids LOVE it all!!! I'm so happy, Jordyn doesn't have to wear the boys' clothes anymore LOL!!!

Here's some pics I took last night and this morning....I'm gonna be posting more later....Thank you all so much, and thank you Christy!!!

God Bless

Christina

Jordyn's room loaded down with furniture....I'm loving the pink!!! (I was never a "pink" kinda girl....this is gonna be interesting for me....LOL!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Matthew and Wesley's room....The blue is soooo nice! The color before was a very dark blue and it made the room look like a dungeon....Sorry it's still a mess....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My three babies sleeping...They're so cute....Angels in their sleep, devils in the daytime LOL!!! [​IMG] I love them so much!!! The plastic is covering the couch because of the lice thing....as far as I know it's all gone, but just in case the couch is covered!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I love the pink [​IMG] My favorite color. Those kids are going to be wonderful people later in life because of your selfless gift of raising them. Did you get the recipe I sent you?

6. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Yes I did, thanks for that....I've gotten so many PM's I can't keep track of them all....it sounds yummy, as well as quick and easy, which is very important for me right now LOL!!! I'm scanning a pic of my SIL to post here. Jordyn looks so much like her it's scary....she was so beautiful even though she was overweight. She always had the best looking guys after her....

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  7. debilorrah

I can guarantee those kids will LOVE those pizza cups. I make 12 at a time, for 5 of us and they are always gone.

8. Those children are Beautiful... Wasn't there a third child? A toddler? Perhaps you said something about him/her and I missed it, I don't know.... One of the children is your own right?

Please PM me with their sizes of clothing, I'll go through my kids outgrown things and see if I can come up with anything. I can swing the shipping, that's not a problem.
    -Jenna

*Oy Debi, what is this about Pizza Cups? My ears just perked up! lol

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  9. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Yes, there is a 9 month old....he's with his father, though....

Here is a scan of the bookmark from my SIL's funeral service....she was so beautiful....

[​IMG]

10. debilorrah

She really was gorgeous!! So sad [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by