Family pictures.. do we include DS's G/F?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dar, Jul 5, 2010.

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. other (please explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Our family pics have not been done in 10+years... I figure its about time...

Our son moved out 2 years ago and has his own place with his girlfriend of 1 year... when we go to get our pics done do we include her?

They are not engaged.. just living together

she is a great girl I would be happy if he married her.. (although I do fear she will wake up and smell the coffee and leave him.. he is high maintenance)

2. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    I have been dating my BF for over 2 years and I would not in the least bt be insulted if they wanted to do family pictures without me. My advice is NO. This is your immediate family. If they want pictures done together then let them do it seperately. I once dated a guy for 3 years and we did everything together, when we met famous people we had the autographs made out to both of us. He has all of that now. Just be safe about it and don't do it. If they EVER break up it will ruin the whole photo.

3. Tigerjane

Tigerjane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    I voted "other". Have some taken with and some without. When you go back to pick out the ones you like, pick a smallish one with her in it (cause she's technically not family yet, and if they're not even engaged then it's years from her becoming so), but pick your biggest ones without her in them.

4. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I voted other too. Include her in a few, have some of DS and GF done together but do some without her.

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I'll echo the other, and add that you should do some groupings. Some with just you and dh, some with just the daughters, some with just the sons, some with just the kids. If you have other kids who are married, so individual couple and family shots of them as well.

6. magistradomina

magistradomina Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2010
    Where I live.
    I agree. Get one good pic of them together and the rest, just get the family. For our family pics, my sister's fiance' wasn't in the picture and he didn't mind. If your son's GF does mind, she is not very understanding.

7. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    the G/F would not mind... my son may though.. (remember high maintenance)

I can expect him to fly off the handle... "she is part of my life and will be in the pics or I wont" kind of drama ... he is a drama king [​IMG]

8. Sonoran Silkies

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:That's why you take multiple groupings. Don;t make a big deal about excluding her (or anyone). Make a big deal about "okay, let's start with the photo of everyone. Now let's do couples shots, just the grandkids, just the kids, all the girls, all the boys, let's do a just the family shot, lets do Mom & the kids, now it's Dad & the kids, ...

Talk to the photographer ahead of time and let him be the one saying which shots he/she is taking and who all is in it and where they stand.

And it actually bodes well for a future marriage that he is willing to stand up for his lady.

9. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:That's why you take multiple groupings. Don;t make a big deal about excluding her (or anyone). Make a big deal about "okay, let's start with the photo of everyone. Now let's do couples shots, just the grandkids, just the kids, all the girls, all the boys, let's do a just the family shot, lets do Mom & the kids, now it's Dad & the kids, ...

Talk to the photographer ahead of time and let him be the one saying which shots he/she is taking and who all is in it and where they stand.

And it actually bodes well for a future marriage that he is willing to stand up for his lady

No one said anything about grand kids...LOL I am to young to be called grandma...

I agree it can be a good trait but this is the second forever girlfriend in 2.5 years.... he is only 18 and its all puppy love

10. Sonoran Silkies

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    In my earlier post I asked whether there were any, or other kids who are married, etc. Most of us have no way of knowing who has kids, grandkids, etc. unless it is stated in the post or signature [​IMG] By referencing "his lady" I meant whoever he actually ends up marrying, not necessarily this particular GF.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by