Family reunions

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Whispering Winds, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I have cousins left and one aunt, and that is it. We have one cousin, who bless his heart has all of us over one week-end day a year for a get together. If he didn't do this, we would only get together when one of us died. Sheesh . . .anyway, my one cousin is such a goofball, I just had to share this. You ladies on here that rarely get their hair cut, or buy NEW clothes will understand exactly where I am coming from. Anway, DC was telling us how she went to this real high-end spa last year and got a Brazilian wax. I had heard of them, but had NO idea it was THAT. I was looking at her like she had two heads and she said, "oh, its not any more painful than having a baby I would think!" So, I pondered on it for a second or two, and said, "well, that might very well be, but with a newborn baby, you can hold it out and say,do you want to see my baby, and with a BW WHO wants to look?" I thought my other cousin was going to fall off of her chair, and DC had to finally agree I had a point. It cost her $80. She even shaves the hair off of her arms (she is 60 and looks younger, but still!!!!!!!) and shaves her legs every day. I can't remember the last time I shaved my legs, I have no hair anymore . . .and the pits get hit maybe once a month, and that is only because I work with the public on occasion.

We did have a wonderful afternoon, and great food and can't wait to do it again. If I ever get my house remodeled now that the yahoo's are now all gone, I would love to have it at my house!!

2. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Too funny! That's cool your cousin gets you all together. I have done the waxing before.. it hurts but its nice if you are going on vacation and going to be in a swimsuit for a week or two. Um I didnt show anyone though LOL

There is a thread on brazilian waxes here somewhere if you want to hear some funny stories [​IMG]

Nancy

3. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    **frantically searching for brazilian wax thread**

[​IMG]

4. Whispering Winds

Quote:I can understand the bikini waxing, but the way she talked about the BW, it just floored me that someone would put themselves through that for just "because." I guess that shows why beauty is a multi-million dollar business in this country.

5. cmjust0

cmjust0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Central KY
    Can't help but think of Steve Carrell's character in The 40 Year Old Virgin screaming "GGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAKELLYCLARKSON!!!" as that tiny little Asian lady rips a big strip of fur off his chest..

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Whispering Winds

Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by