1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

family trees

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by funkyboots, Oct 9, 2009.

1. funkyboots

funkyboots Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2009
    my cousin is tracing our family tree and its intresting (and confusing) shes focusing on our great grandfathers at the moment. he came to england (shipwrecked) on the ss mohegan (formerly the cleopatra) and it was believed straight from st lucia but in fact there are records saying he was from boston,new york...is there such a place? and his dad was from alabama!!
    theres a family rumour that his sisters family came over looking and could'nt find us! but we cover the south and south west of england

they spelt thier names all ways years ago(galaway) but now its gallaway

and my cousin is planning on calling a BDM center in america but i wondered if anyone on here had heard of the name or even frank gallaway/daniel christopher gallaway

maybe that would explain why i'm the only chicken maniac in the family!!!!![​IMG]

thanx in advance

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  2. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    is Callaway/Calloway close enough? The two brothers Calloway came over from England and were blown off course to land way south...if this is close enough I'll go find the family book and get the particulars.

3. pattypenny

pattypenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2007
    There is a Boston New York.
    The first Christian church was the Free Will Baptist Church, founded circa 1811. On April 5, 1817 the town of Boston was formed from a portion of the Town of Eden. The first post office opened in 1832 on the north side of town.

This town has much history that can be found on the headstones in the cemetery across from the Boston Town Hall. There are many old gravestones that show some of the first settlers in the town and the infamous "love" murder.

4. funkyboots

funkyboots Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2009
    i think stupidbird that its definately gallaway as my grt grt grandfather would have taken his name from the plantation he worked on.....thats what my cousin told me. altho my grt grandfather worked on the ship and from the list he used his first name as his last name!!!!
    there where rumors he was a stowaway but he was REALLY tall and distinguished so i dunt think so!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by