Fan in bator fell on my eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by perolane, Jul 5, 2010.

1. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    Heard a funny sound around midnight last night....the fan in my styrofoam incubator had fallen down on my eggs!!! [​IMG] I grabbed a heating pad & covered the eggs while I worked quickly to repair. Used fine jewelry wire to attach the fan unit back to the top ...it was originally attached with double-sided sticky tape (from the manufacturer).

Then I checked the eggs....only one had a hairline crack about 2 inches long & a dent...membrane was intact. Grabbed a candle & melted some wax to cover the crack & dent.

I had just candled that evening....7th day...all had veining & little swimmers! I hope they'll be ok!

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] Good Luck [​IMG]

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    What kind of incubator is it? All of mine have fans secured with screws. How scary that must have been. Thank goodness more eggs weren't damaged.

4. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    Little Giant I believe.....dh just reminded me that we purchased the forced air fan seperately & he installed according to instructions which were peel off one side of the tape & stick. It held for 2 years & lots of hatches but I completely forgot about the darn tape![​IMG] Newbies....gotta learn the hard way!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by