1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fan stopped working on my Brinsea Eco 20. HELP!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by WA4-Hpoultrymom, Jan 23, 2012.

1. WA4-Hpoultrymom

WA4-Hpoultrymom Never enough coops...

Feb 5, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My Coop
    I turned it on last night because I have a staggered hatch going and was supposed to lock down my Serama eggs tonight in it and was going to use it as my hatcher. Well when I plugged it in last night it was fine, but noticed today that it's quiet and the fan isn't going! The built in thermometer reads around only 90 degrees, my 2nd one reads 83 on the floor, so it's not warm enough.

Anybody have this happen and have a quick fix? I'll be calling Brinsea tomorrow but I don't know if they will be able to help me in time. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  2. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    There should be a square or rectangular shapped clampy thing that connects the fan to the lines that carry the power inside the to the heat element. You need to see if you push on it or crimp it harder because it might not be making contact.

3. WA4-Hpoultrymom

Feb 5, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My Coop
    Thank you! Thank you!!!! Off to go see.............

4. WA4-Hpoultrymom

Feb 5, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My Coop
    OK, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for......do I need to take it apart at all to get to it?

5. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    It should be on the top portion of the unit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by