Sponsored Post Fan survey: 5 Reasons To Raise Backyard Chickens

I love the term "Chicken TV" - never heard it before!!! YES to this and the other answers. My mom and I will often get up on the weekend, get our coffee and sit on the back porch and watch the chickens for an hour or so... so relaxing. Who knew there was a great term for this?? :love

I agree with every reason mentioned! The surprising one for me personally was the therapy..... I knew it would be fun for the kids, and that we would benefit from the sustainability boost from the fresh eggs... but I never expected the calming feeling that comes from spending time with them. Now, if I feel anxiety rearing it's ugly head, I find myself going to be with the chickens instead of seeking time alone...I think this is much healthier, who knew, thanks Chicks!:jumpy:thumbsup

We brought baby chicks home as a family education project- my boys would help raise them until they were big enough to go live on grandma's farm. I didn't like grown chickens, but the babies were irresistible! From day 1, I was attached and there was NO WAY I was going to let them go! I used the benefit of fresh, cruelty free eggs to get my husband to agree to keep them, but let's be real... they could not lay a single egg and I'd still be a happy camper. They provide joy and entertainment every day...I could not imagine my world without them!

Last edited:
Agree agree agree. I remember as a little child my grandparents had chickens, with a mean old rooster who would chase us, for my grandparents they were food and sustainability during impoverished times. Fast forward 35-40 years and now I have chickens and they definitely are all 5 of those reasons plus more. Wouldn’t change getting them for nothing, definitely the best investment I have ever made.

Back
Top Bottom