fan working on lg incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pokey, Mar 29, 2009.

1. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    ok, don't bash me if i installed the fan opposite of the way yours is.......
    but i installed the little fan over one of the vent holes and put water in the wells and ran it about 5 days before i got my eggs. it is blowing down, but since i put it in the temp and humidity have been much more stable and i don't seem to have to add water as often. still add some every day(plus i added a sponge so that may help too). so, i am hoping this works better than the last hatch that 1 chick of 12 made it. i had tried the "dry" method, and i probably screwed it up myself, but i don't think i will try it again.

2. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Just keep tweaking till you get it the way that works best. I have found that none of the guidelines given for incubation are set in stone. It helps to keep records of you hatches with Humidity/ temp in the room and in the incubator. Any serious fluctuation and adjustments made. Once you have consistent hatches then stick with that method. It may now work for others but if it works for you in your environment then that is the wat to go.

I recently lost track of my hatch date on a staggered hatch. I walked in to candle before increasing the humidity and turning off the turner and found two chicks hatched and fluffy as could be. I did increase humidity to 65% at that point and of course turned off the turner but I had an awesome hatch none the less. It may have just be great healthy eggs or that is a better method than increasing the humidity higher and earlier but I will keep it lower in the future. It was a very good accident.

3. hobbieorb

hobbieorb Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2009
    wythe, Virginia
    I put one of little pc fans on the back wall of my LG and it worked fine. If you worry, than a LG will worry you to death, but in all, they still turn out good hatches, just have to babysit more. I have problems with humidty, I can hold good humidty for 2 days then have to ad water, which is good till the last 3 days, but you have to do what you have to do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by