Fancy Easter Eggers- Maine *PIC!*

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by 77horses, Sep 20, 2009.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Would anyone be interested in Splash Cochin/Black Ameruacana chicks? We have only hatched one chick so far, but this is just a thread to see if anyone would be interested in buying some. [​IMG] We've been experimenting with mixing some of our own breeds, and when we crossed our Splash Cochin rooster (standard, not Bantam) with our Black Ameruacana hen (standard, not Bantam), this is what we got: (age: about 2 1/2 months)
    [​IMG]

We are planning on hatching more of these chicks once we get our homemade incubator set up, if anyone is interested. Please keep in mind that at the moment we only have one splash rooster and one ameruacana hen, so we can only hatch so many of these chicks at a certain time. It depends on how many eggs we get from that one hen. Sometimes we skips a day or two before laying again. Also, we can not deliver by mail but can drive to a location nearby.

But this thread is just to see how many people would possibly be interested in some of these chicks. If so, what would you pay for each chick?

Thanks and let me know what you think! [​IMG]

2. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Oh she is absolutely adorable!!! Too bad you're so far away!!! What a looker!

Laurie

3. happi752

happi752 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Casa Grande
    wow those are beautiful. you should instead keep them and expand your flock and sell the eggs.

4. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:Thanks to both of you! [​IMG] If you want to, if you know of any BYCers on here who are from Maine, please let them know of this thread. [​IMG] Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by