Fancy Pigeon for Adoption Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by amandastapes, Sep 24, 2010.

1. amandastapes

amandastapes New Egg

Sep 16, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    My brother took this pigeon home from the airport after a passenger attempted to bring it on board the airplane in a gift bag. He was on his way to some sort of sacrificial ceremony or something, and was in pretty rough shape. Anyway, now he's in my brother's living room, cleaned up somewhat and eating and drinking. He cannot fly. He is very sweet and quiet, and is in need of a good home, since my brother has no idea how to take care of a bird. I have 11 chickens who are not very welcoming of newcomers, and there are a million stray cats in my yard/neighborhood, as well as raccoons galore, so I can't really take him and give him a good home. Does anybody want this cutie? I am including a picture. Thanks for your consideration!

Amanda

Here is his photo:
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...05460693049_1128355868_30937001_1376689_n.jpg

2. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Poor thing. He was going to sacrafice him!!![​IMG]c I hope he finds a good home! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    OMG he is soooooo cute....I wish I lived closer!!

4. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    So adorable! He is a West of England Tumbler [​IMG] Poor thing, glad he was saved! If I lived closer, I'd take him in for sure.

5. amandastapes

amandastapes New Egg

Sep 16, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    So we still haven't found anyone to take him, and now he's all spruced up and super cute ( http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs642.snc4/60230_1406278393491_1128355868_30938364_7323001_n.jpg)
    Can I keep this guy outside in a cage with all the proper shelter, equipment, etc? This is the only way I can keep him. Again, I have 11 chickens who I don't anticipate really appreciating the little guy. Any advice? I've never had a pigeon before. He needs a buddy, doesn't he?
    Thanks for all your supportive replies

Amanda

6. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Amanda, kudos to you for taking in this poor bird. Hope you find someone to take him/her in your area!

Good luck! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  7. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    I have homing pigeons and chickens. They live in different cages, and I really don't really think they would like to live together very much. I would just build him a cage with food, water, and a perch. And finally, you should get him a friend, in my experience pigeons do not thrive on their own. Good luck! [​IMG]

8. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    Hi! I sent you a PM don't know if you got it? I am VERY interested in him! I have an aviary and was hoping to get a few pigeons. I like in Pottstown PA PM me if you would still like to find him a home!

9. BoiseBubba

BoiseBubba Serama Psycho

Feb 11, 2009
    Boise, ID
    West Of England Tumbler, Grizzle? And it's still very young, it has baby fuzz (the yellow stuff)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by