Fancy's First Egg!! (Pic Heavy)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by pipdzipdnreadytogo, Jan 16, 2013.

1. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    I was gone at school for most of the day and got back home at about 4:00, where I was surprised to be greeted by Fancy, one of my two partridge Plymouth Rocks, as I got out of the truck. She had jumped the fence (apparently twice) and made a nice little nest in the straw bale at the door of the house, where I later found that, at 31 weeks and 2 days old, she had laid her very first egg!

There was a little bit of blood on it, but I checked her over and she's just fine. Here is the lovely little gift:

[​IMG]

Here it is next to the egg her 'twin' sister She Who laid today:

[​IMG]

She Who started laying just a week and a day before Fancy did, but they've both been talking up a storm for the past couple weeks now. :lol:

It was after dark by the time I found the egg, but I just had to have a picture of the pretty lady to celebrate. Here is Fancy, surprised by the camera flash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the while I took pictures of Fancy, I was hearing chattering from higher on the perches. I turned to find Debra Jo, a year-and-a-half old barred Plymouth Rock, glowering at me. Apparently, she was not impressed by this feat.

"You can talk to me about it when you've been layin' as long as I have."

[​IMG]

2. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Aww! Fanc'ys grown up, has she? Still anxiously awaiting Frou Frou'f first egg. :D I bet it'll be real pretty!

3. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Frou'f's a big baby--you may be waiting a while. :lol: She and Poggy are not inclined to become egg-layers.

4. Barn Mama

Barn Mama Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG]

5. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Congratulations! And your little story & pictures are VERY cute. LOL

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Fancy is gorgeous! Debra Jo is a looker, too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by