1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fantastic Chicken Documentary!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by herechickchick, Jul 16, 2007.

1. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    This Documentary was WONDERFUL! I enjoyed it so much I have watched it several times and I just purchased it! It introduces you to people form all over the chicken spectrum. It talks about City Chickens, Chickens as pets, Self Sufficient Farms, the commercial chicken world (which is really sad but presented well so that anyone can watch it), Neighbor issues, Mike the headless chicken, and the most wonderful film version of Call me Chicken which is something so special everyone should see it. I think that you all will enjoy this it really was great!

You can buy it at shoppbs.org or get it on Netflix.
    [​IMG]

DVD description:
    Most people best know the chicken from their dinner plates -- whether as thigh, wing or drumstick. Consumers barely pause a moment to consider the bird's many virtues. Filmmaker Mark Lewis (Cane Toads: An Unnatural History and Rat) expands the frontiers of popular awareness and delightfully reveals that this small, common and seemingly simple animal is as complex and grand as any of Earth's creatures.

BYE [​IMG]

2. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

it's expensive as heck at PBS. I saw it when they were doing a pledge drive, but never caught it again to tape it.

3. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I have that! It is good. It was given to me as a Christmas present.

4. eggcetra_farms

eggcetra_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    When PBS sells something during a drive it is really expensive because you're buying a membership. The video (or whatever) is your "gift." I did find these prices should anyone want to buy it.

ebay.com - $12.60 & $12.80 (there were two listings, both were new copies)

deepdiscount.com - $13.60

modernrock.com - $19.66 (includes S&H)

amazon.com - $21.99

target.com - $21.99

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by