FAQs about eggs for brochure...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by mommy9994, Apr 29, 2008.

1. mommy9994

mommy9994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    central VA
    I'm working on putting together a brochure for customers (when my girls start laying) of fequently asked egg questions.

Of course #1 would be "don't you need a rooster?"

please tell me the questions you are asked most, and what your response is ("what are you, some kind of an idiot?" is not a proper response:lol:)

2. Fredster

Fredster Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Alabama
    I've been asked if my blue and brown eggs taste the same as white grocery store eggs (answer: they taste BETTER [​IMG] )

I've been asked why the yolks of my eggs are so much closer to orange than the pale yellow of store eggs.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  3. Tutter

Tutter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    I'm also asked about the whites of fresh eggs, such as their consistency.

One I'd not leave out, is why a fresh egg which is hard boiled won't peel worth a darn. Maybe add tips for making them "peelable" in there. That's a biggie.

Why brown eggs can vary in shade.

What an interesting idea you've had! [​IMG]

4. mommy9994

mommy9994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    central VA
    oh, those are some good ideas! I've not sold eggs before, so I haven't gotten all the crazy questions yet. Though I did have someone ask me yesterday if I needed a hen to get eggs:lol: She had gotten hen and rooster mixed up-- she really knows nothing about chickens. I imagine most people who don't raise them have no reason to know anything about them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by