Farewell My Feathered Friend

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Serrin, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

We'll meet again, some sunny day, on the other side of the bridge.........

This is a very sad day for me. My dear sweet friend, Rita, an almost 5 year old Golden Sex Link hen, has passed from this world and on to the next. My heart is aching and my soul knows no solace, other than to cling to the hope that she is in a much better place now. A world free from hawks and irresponsible dog owners. A world where she is free to range as far and wide as she cares to. A world filled with delicious things to eat, and her sisters that went before her to keep her company. Where the coop is always clean and the temperature just right. The water is sweet and cool and refreshing.

Rest peacefully under the old pine tree, my sweetest little friend. I shall never forget our conversations held during morning coop clean up time. Nor the sharing of the evening sunsets. I shall forever cherish your presence in my life.

[​IMG]

Please excuse the photo. It's one of the very few I have of Rita that isn't of her BUTT!!! She truly did love treat time! Always head down and butt feathers pointed to the sky!

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Bless Rita, and bless you for loving her so.

3. Catstar68

Catstar68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Franklinton, NC
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry for the loss of your Rita.

4. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    I'm so sorry for your loss of the beautiful Rita. [​IMG]

5. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    I'm so sorry [​IMG]
    It sounds like she knew she was well loved, no doubt a great comfort to her.
    JJ

6. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

What a beautiful face.

[​IMG] for you and your flock.

Imagine all the tales she is telling her bridge sisters, and the cool things they are showing her [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

What a wonderful tribute to a well-loved girl. I'm sorry you lost Rita. I know all too well how that feels.

8. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    What a beautiful eulogy you wrote, it was very touching. I'm very sorry for the loss of your lovely hen. [​IMG]

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]

10. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    [​IMG] May She Rest In Peace

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by