Farewell to a Friend

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by DuckLady, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Those of you who migrated over from the Yuku/Ez Board forums will remember ChickChair.

I am sorry to announce that she passed away last Wednesday in her sleep.

When I first got into ducks and chickens, she was so very patient with my newbie questions.
    CC was in love with turkens, so of course my first chickens were a flock of 4 turkens.

She also talked me into taking a rooster, a spectacular blend of naked neck, Spitzie and araucana.

Her first ducks came from my eggs, too! And she gave me eggs from her famous silkie, Snorkie.

CC pioneered the Chickenstock gatherings at her farm in Poulsbo WA many years ago and I know she was thrilled that they spread across the country. It was always fun to go to her farm for a visit. A great hostess and friend.

She will be missed in the chicken world.

Her obituary and guest book are here

If you have a moment, please enter a remembrance in her guestbook.

Link fixed

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  2. xke4

xke4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2007
    I remember her. So young. My sincere condolences.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

This is such very sad news! She was definitely too young and too wonderful to pass so early in her life and will be missed!

Cindi (ChickChair) was a HUGE part of what made BYC what it is today.

So many have been influenced by her and so many will miss her. A very very sad passing.

4. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

I do remember her, sorry to hear that.

5. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
    Arrived on EZBYC shortly after the post count started to climb after the crash/no backups took it down. Lurked for a while and had a chance to watch the community come back to life, ChickChair and her Royal Palm hen... She was an inspiration.

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Cindi was such a kind and compassionate lady. I will remember her fondly. She is gone way too soon. [​IMG]

7. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    No one made you feel more welcome than CC in her BYC EZboard message board and migration to Yuku!! She had a gift for putting her thoughts in type. I'll miss you and our talks Cindi!! Thanks for being a good chicken buddy!

8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Very sorry to see the news. I din't know her very well at all, but I did pay attention to her posts on both of the older places. (I lurked, mostly)

Best wishes and sympathy to her family and friends.

9. That was truly sad to read. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and dear friends.

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] on the loss of your friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by