Farm Auctions , Used Equipment & Chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jonnybagel, Apr 2, 2012.

1. jonnybagel

jonnybagel New Egg

Apr 2, 2012
    I recently went to an Ontario Auction site called AuctionPost found at http://www.auctionpost.ca and started looking for a parts tractor to fix my ailing John Deer. To my delight I got lucky and there was one up for auction at a farm in Welsley Ontario that had went bankrupt for whatever reason. Well auction day came and there I was. I registered for the auction and to my surprise no one else bid on the old gal I wanted and I was a happy camper !

Well all ends well or so I thought. Now since this website is called barnyard chickens here is the rest of the story. There was 15 chickens up for auction in the livestock section of the auction which I had no interest in. One of the fellows standing beside me with his two kids were bidding on the chickens and had won the bid. Well while he was bidding on some other equipment his kids were taking their chickens in their boxes back to their vehicle somewhere. Well after paying for my tractor I made my way back to my van with my wife. My wife got to the van first and I heard her open the passenger door and a second later I heard her scream and I heard chicken sounds. My wife came around the back of the van with scratches on her face and horrified. After making sure she was ok and calming her down I opened up the back of the van and there was the 15 chickens the other guy bought with two loose out of their boxes and jumping around inside the van. By that time a few people had gathered around including the guy who bought the chickens. He owned an almost identical van to ours and his kids had mistakenly put the chickens in our van.

There is something to be said for locking your vehicle anywhere even if there is no valuables inside.

John McInnis
    Paris, Ontario, Canada

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. I think that's an omen or something, you are meant to have chickens. :thumbsup

3. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Your story made me laugh. Thanks!

And welcome to the board!

6. The Old Yolks

The Old Yolks Chillin' With My Peeps