Farm innovator 4250 users

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jennrenee, Apr 17, 2017.

1. jennrenee

jennrenee Just Hatched

Apr 14, 2017
    Anyone use the farm innovator 4250 and have issues with hot egg Turner motor?

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    The egg turner motor on about any of those type turners gets real warm---if this is what you are talking about. The 4250 usually has some serious problems with the built in meter----please do not trust them at all. Get another set of meters.

3. jennrenee

jennrenee Just Hatched

Apr 14, 2017
    OK ty so much we've got some pretty precious eggs in there...Royal Palm turkeys..Eeekkk! I have a thermometer in there where do I get a better humidity reader?

4. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    I use the Accurite from WalMarts for about $8 but Its a little big. I also ordered several of the smaller temp/humidity from Incubator Warehouse. They fit in the smaller Styrofoam good.

http://incubatorwarehouse.com/incubator-thermometer-hygrometer.html

5. iLikeMineFried

iLikeMineFried Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2016
    Northern Wisconsin
    I have the farm innovator 4250 with turner and I found it to be off by 1 degree and 5% humidity. Took me forever to calibrate it because all three of my thermometers/hygros said something different. So frustrating when you have eggs needing to be set. I have burned myself on the hot metal of the turner, and I checked with the manufacturer and they said it's normal, along with the helicopter sound mine makes while plugged in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by