Farm Innovators Incubator? Has anyone used one? Still air or fan?

minpinmama

Chirping
9 Years
Dec 24, 2010
Just bought a new Incubator today at Del's and it's a Farm Innovators brand, comes with a fan, egg turner, thermostat and hygromter. It's styrafoam with a plastic case over the styrofoam. It has a weird what I call
'Made in China' chemical plastic smell like the cheap plastic bins one can get at Walmart.
Have had it going 4 to 5 hrs now and it doesn't seem to want to keep the temp consistent.
Kind of already thinking of taking it back in the morning and going with another LG one with egg turner.

Anyone have any experience with the FI brand?
The thermostat inside says it is 5 degrees warmer than the build into it on top.
Not sure what to think.

Can anyone also tell me the advantages and disadvantages to using still air vs fans?

let's see the advantages to a still air vrs one with a fan is you wont get overcrowded with chickens as their hatch rate isn't as good.
hit.gif

Last edited:
temp and relative humitaty are the most important 99.5 and rh at 50% from day 1-18 and 70% from day19-21 and turning the egg 3 time a day

let's see the advantages to a still air vrs one with a fan is you wont get overcrowded with chickens as their hatch rate isn't as good.
hit.gif

Ok so a still air is better than one with a fan? Am I reading that right? Or having a fan is better than still air?

I bought one and will never own another one. There's nothing really right about it. Why put temp guages on it that aren't calibrated? I had a 10 degree variance in temps inside the incubator and it's in a stable environment. I experimented a little and added a fan panel for a lap top computer. I placed it where it's blow directly on the thermostat. This stabilized the temp to 1 tenth of a degree. I'll stick with a genesis 1588 from now own! I hate this thing so much, I wouldn't sell it to anyone! I'd throw it in the trash first!

Yeah, if you have seen a Little Giant incubator compared to a Farm Innovators incubator, the only difference is the name, and I think the window placement is a bit different too. Little Giant incubators aren't any good, and apparently the Farm Innovators incubator isn't any good.

My suggestion to you is to take the incubator back, and keep the egg turner if you can, and go on Craigslist, or Ebay, and buy a Hovabator. I have used the Little Giant incubator, and will say that you don't want that incubator either. It is TRASH! I have actually had 3 Little Giant incubators, mainly because they were the only kind available, and I didn't have internet access. None of the 3 were any good.

If you can't buy a Hovabator, I would keep everything you have now, and buy a wafer thermostat assembly kit, and replace your electronic thermostat with the wafer thermostat.

By the way, the thermometer/hygrometer thing that comes with the Farm Innovators incubator isn't worth your time, I suggest buying a digital or glass thermometer. If you do get a glass thermometer, be sure it is mercury, the other glass thermometers aren't going to be worth your time either.

Good luck with whatever choice you make. I hope I was the least bit helpful!

Thanks for the info! The extra fans I installed seems to be doing the trick, but from now own, it's either a genesis or nothing in a table top model! An $8 hot water heater thermostat holds better temps than this thing does. I ordered this mail order and the return shipping cost more than the fix for it. Again, thank you for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info! The extra fans I installed seems to be doing the trick, but from now own, it's either a genesis or nothing in a table top model! An $8 hot water heater thermostat holds better temps than this thing does. I ordered this mail order and the return shipping cost more than the fix for it. Again, thank you for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!
What Model i need a new op and will be interested in buying another Used or new

I have one that my cats had fun trying to get the Hatching quail out of so i need a top.
I had turkey eggs for it but they where all DUDS and the Lady must not of cared they where dirty as hell.

thats ok time flys the kids all know her name and NPOT to buy eggs from her .
If your willing i need your top Ill pay for it Tammy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom