Farm Innovators Pro Series Circulated Air Incubator? Reviews? Other suggestions?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Beanzie, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Beanzie

Beanzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2014
    http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/farm-innovators-pro-series-circulated-air-incubator/0000000079080

I am looking at an incubator that (hopefully) my local Fleet Farm carries. It looks pretty decent, certainly bigger than what I need, but the benefit of being able to pick it up somewhere nearby and on a whim is good. [​IMG] Any thoughts on it? Anyone have them? Are these all the features that make life easier?

Here is the picture they provide:
    [​IMG]

Description:
    • Mfr. item number - 4200
    • Forced-air fan kit pulls in fresh air & stabilizes temperature
    • Automatic egg turner holds up to 42 eggs & turns eggs completely every 4 hours
    • Built-in hygrometer measures both internal temp. & relative humidity
    • Solid-state circuitry & thermostat controlled heater for long-lasting & reliable temperature
    • Large viewing windows allow for easy visibility of the eggs
    • Red indicator light shows when heater is operating
    • Durable plastic outer shell protects incubator & is easy to clean
    • Includes bonus egg candler
    • Weight: Approximately:8.5 pounds
    • Shipping Dimensions: Approximately 18.1 x 18.32 x 7.87 inches.

Or, if not this one, which kind do you recommend? Ideally I would like something that incubates 12-48 eggs, preferably on the low side of that. Something that will be reliable, a window would be nice. Automatic egg turning is indeed a luxury, and I would love for that to be covered. Anyhow, suggest away! This will be my first incubator, and I would like to start it off right. Something affordable, yet convenient.

2. Beanzie

Beanzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2014
    Just noticed the review section... [​IMG] Not sure if this is allowed here, but feel free to remove it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by