Farm Innovators Pro Series

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by WVstruttin, Mar 4, 2012.

1. WVstruttin

WVstruttin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    WV
    Is anyone using the Farm Innovators Pro series incubator? If so , how is it working and do you like it?

2. WVstruttin

WVstruttin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    WV
    Nobody using it?

3. SkippyRoo

SkippyRoo Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2012
    Mendocino CA.
    WV,

I got one and am on day 21. I got some shipped eggs two days before the incubator got here.So i started it up and let it run for five hours and got the temp. stabilized. I put the eggs in and it took a bit to get them up to temp. but from then on the temp. was very stable!!!! I am impressed. My room temp varies from about 60 - 75 degrees daily and it did fine. The thermo/hygrometer mounted on it needed to be calibrated and the little glass thermo that came with it was spot on! This is my first hatching experience and it has gone well. I am using the dry hatch method and so far so good. about 2/3 have hatched out just fine 1/3 to go. I got it on ebay from coopsnmore they have an online store as well.It was reasonably priced at $125 for a forced air w/turner and a candler.The candler is a bit dim though..

i hope this helps!!

Scott

4. chiqita

chiqita Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2011
    San Jose, Ca
    We have only been useing it for about 5 days. But I like the hova bator better for 2 big reasons.
    1. The healing element is close enough to the eggs that the chicks could hit their heads on it. Fryed babies is bad
    2. The hova bator is MUCH deeper. This ones changes temps anytime we open it fairly fast, because the space is in the top not the bottom. Also if you open it to get chicks out, the humidity will fall fast, the hovabators humidity was fairly stable when I grabbed babies when it got overfull.
    3. So far, mine has been changing temps more then expected, not huge, but going from 97-99 and back, I didn't have the problem before.

Its a great price for the full thing, but I'm not sure if I would get it again. Ask me again in a month.

5. zookeeper15133

zookeeper15133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    SW PA
    Mine should be here today. Just in time for the Great Easter Hatch along! If you Google it, it should show you a place where it is $103.99. It is an Equine place. Shipping from them to me was only about $10. I didn't get mine there. I work at a store and she ordered it for me.

There is another thread on here about it, I PM'd the person who started it, she had had it for about 3 weeks and she was happy with it.

Chiquta's concerns are valid, but this is still half the price of a Hovabator.

I will post again after I get mine and set it up. I will be setting my duck eggs on Saturday.

6. zookeeper15133

zookeeper15133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    SW PA
    I got mine on Tuesday. Once I got the temp set, it has been less than +/- 1 degree variance. I have a blown egg, filled with hair gel with a probe in it for my temp. I don't go by the thermometer on it because of the variance, but I would say it needs calibrated by about 5 degrees. I will check the hygrometer later today. I just calibrated my other one and put it in. I set my Swedish duck eggs in it today.

I think the electronic control is different than the Little Giant.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by