Farm Life Blog *Pictures*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by KinderKorner, Nov 4, 2009.

1. KinderKorner

KinderKorner Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Most people don't know much about me. So I've decided to make a little topic for random thoughts, pictures, and information.

I have many breeds of chickens.... I mean many.

I also raise registered Kinder Goats, and have three pleasure horses.

Oh and I have a pet pig in the house.

And some ducks, and a few cats.

It's late here, so I can't go out and get pictures. But I can post a few old pictures until tomorrow, and I will go out and snap some new ones in the morning of my pets, flock, farm.

Right now I recently purchased two pairs of NICE silkies from Harvest Breeze Farms. Sadly my new little blue roo has a severe case of wry neck. I have been treating him for two days now. And amazingly he is already showing great progress. He drank a little by himself, and was standing today.

I am not the most interesting person in the world. But if anyone cares to see what goes on around here. I would love to share about my lovely animals which have taken over my life.

Right now one of my favorite chickens is a little bantam cochin named Bonnie Blue. She is so adorable, and fluffy. She likes to be held, and when you pick her up your hands sink down into her feathers because she is such a puff.

[​IMG] He she is a few months ago. Back when she was only 4 months old.

[​IMG] The sweet face of Lilly.

Many more pictures to come! Goats, horses, chickens, pigs.

I am currently building a double, raised silkie breeding coop. It's pink, and made out of old barn wood. It's nearly done. (Sort of) lol. It will house my white and Blue/Splash Silkies.

My new White silkies started laying two days ago! First silkie eggs ever! I've been saving them, and will incubate them as soon as I save some up.

I am working on breeding several differents kinds of chickens. I have bought the best stock I could find. And I am very very proud of my flock. Most of my birds are still growing, and won't be ready until spring.

I have BLRW, from Paul, Foley's, Bluepoultry line. BEAUTIFUL birds. Just now getting their lacing and starting to show their potenial. They get better looking everyday.

Blue, Black, Mottled, Frizzle, bantam cochins from a local breeder. And also a chick and some hatching eggs coming from Bluemottie.

White, Blue, Splash Silkies from Sunshinesilkies and Harvest Breeze Farms.

Light Brahmas from local breeder.

EE's, from local breeders, not your typical brown. Some lay blue eggs.

Mille Fleur bantam cochins from Lynne

Lemon Blue cochins from Lynne

Buff Columbian Brahmas from Uglyducky, Porcelain D' Unccle

I am working on several projects, which I am not willing to share just yet. [​IMG]

I also have a flock of laying hens and other mixes.

RIR, Buff Orp, SLW, GLW, Mutts

Well thanks for listening to my ramble. I will really try to get some good photos early tomorrow morning! So you can get a glimpse of just how many pets I have.

2. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    [​IMG] Your Bonnie is beautiful!!! Can't wait to see more pics! Love Lilly too - I want a goat!!!!!

3. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Your Blog is a Great Idea!!

I really like that goat in the picture!! Is it a Kinder Goat? (I know nothing about goats.)

4. KinderKorner

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    I love my goats.

Although I was pretty ticked today when they kept getting out and ate about 20 Pounds of chicken food. Now i have to go buy more, and I was worried about them bloating or worse. Oh well, they are fine.

Oh I forgot to add, that I love training animals. And many of them know tricks.

I have a pet goat, who can bow, rear, moonwalk, dance, shake hands, answer yes and no, pull a cart, lead on a leash, wears clothes, screams back at you if you tell her no, open doors... Get out of a fence 5 times today. [​IMG]

My little piglet can rear, sit, circle. [​IMG]

I have double locks on all my fences cause I have two goats, and a horse, that can open any type of latch.

My horse has gotten out on the highway 3 times in the last week. This is through 4' 2"x4" woven wire fence with electric on top.

Or 4 strand electric.

ETA: Yes it is a Kinder Goat. [​IMG] She is going to be kidding for the first time in March. [​IMG] Can't wait for lots of little babies.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  5. KinderKorner

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    I also am somewhat of a rescuer.

I've paid a bunch to purchase a pregnent mare that was heading to the meat market. She miscarried her foal due to lack of nutrition. But she turned out to be a great horse. Years later now though I am selling her, because due to health issues I just can't train her anymore, and she keeps getting out.

I've had a cat whos tail got stuck in a fan and pulled it off and caused spine damage, and his back half to be paralyzed.

A goat that got frost bite and lost half her ears, and legs.

A goat who was deformed at birth.

A chicken who was brain damaged, and had to be hand fed for months.

And I've had over 30 cats over the past 10 years that were abandoned, and I fixed them, and gave them a good life until they passed on, or was rehomed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by