Farm Related Photography. Pictures are the best Advertisement!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by aoxa, Jan 30, 2013.

1. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    Jasmine! Yay!

2. pysankigirl

pysankigirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2012
    Virginia
    they are so cute!!!! so fat and fluffy. look at those poofy cheeks!!! snifff, sniff. living vicariously through you: we had baby birds under our deck but this is just not a good place for baby birds. Too many snakes. I had to line every crack and crevass of my coops with 1/2" hardware cloth just to keep the chicks safe. maybe we should get a mongoose...

3. pysankigirl

May 2, 2012
    Virginia
    thankyou for taking them in and giving them a good life.

lovely photos! they look so happy!

4. pysankigirl

May 2, 2012
    Virginia

5. canesisters

canesisters Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    Virginia
    Is that..???.... naw.... but it looks like......
    Looks like bones - you're not disposing of bodies in there are you?
    [​IMG]

6. Sanna

Sanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    These two are great!

Is this the next 3acres in training? [​IMG] He'll have girls chasing him when he gets older.

Looks like they're getting along great! And all that galloping around looks like a ton of fun! [​IMG]
    I miss my harness racing days. I worked for a breeder back home in Finland, she bred Standardbreds and we had a couple of race horses in the barn too. Mostly broodmares and babies, and a stallion or two. Do you know if the two Standardbreds were ever raced?

Did you piss off your ducks some how? They look like they're moving out, marching away in a line up like that! [​IMG]
    Love that goat of yours!

That's a great picture!

[​IMG][​IMG] Uh oh! I think you revealed her secret! lol

7. camilleathome

camilleathome Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2012
    New Brunswick Canada
    There are three Standardbreds in there ;). My horse Bear(Registered name is Travelling bear) is 23 years old and is an ex trotter. Ive seen photos of the two rescues in harness so Im assuming that they were races as they have the freeze brands but Im not 100% sure.

8. 3acres

3acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
    That's Buddy, my little Berkshire boar. I can't wait to have baby pigs next year! Home raised pork is awesome!!!! Very nice looking pigs you have! Mine lay around a lot too! I have to drive by my female Berk and Gibby my butcher hog every load while hauling in hay....my female Berk just goes crazy running around every time I go by....I think she wants to help....[​IMG]. I love having pigs!..[​IMG].

I told Jasmine of your new crush and she was very sad....[​IMG]. Sweet cowboy shooting photos!

That's crazy about the snakes you have! ....and had to do that to your coops! ....mongoose...[​IMG]. that or get some peacocks....[​IMG]. My barn is loaded with barn swallow nests...it's neat! Boy they really seem to hit the insects, though they don't get any where close to them all.....lol. I must say, I had no idea what pysanky was until you started that thread....pretty cool stuff to be able to paint on an egg like that!.

That ducks expression might be from having too many suitors....[​IMG].

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  9. 3acres

3acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
    [​IMG]...without a doubt, I'm the one in training!...lol. I guide him a little, but I learn a lot from him in a days time...[​IMG].

Ah, ducks are funny...lol. I was watching them play in the pond yesterday evening. Two horses and a mule in front of me, Bourbon Red turkeys behind me and the ducks in the pond. Then the ducks got hungry...lol. They swarmed me demanding food. I didn't have any....sometimes I do take some to the pond with me. When they realized I didn't have any, they marched up the hill and went into there pen and stood where I feed them in there and raised heck....[​IMG]. So I had to go feed them...[​IMG]. Gosh they are funny!!!

Thanks! I did some stuff to that pic, then even went into the Halloween section and added some dark color to it....lol.

10. Sanna

Sanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Those race horses are cool! I'm pretty sure they freeze brand the race horses in US. Kinda like the tattoo the Thoroughbreds. But I'm not sure if a freeze brand means that the horse raced. Either way, those horses in your pictures sure had a stride like they've been in front of one of those sulkies! [​IMG]

Sounds like your ducks have you trained! [​IMG] Animals are so smart. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by