Farm Related Photography. Pictures are the best Advertisement!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by aoxa, Jan 30, 2013.

1. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    [​IMG]

2. chickenwings

chickenwings Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2012
    Cheney, WA
    Groucho is awesome! Awesome, I tell ya!

As for the indoor lighting, I have one of these things - http://www.lightscoop.com/ definitely worth the $20 if you don't plan on picking up a Speedlite any time soon. I also use vellum paper to diffuse light if there is nowhere to bounce the light.

A few from last weekend :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    3 Acres - looking a lot like Thanksgiving around your farm

4. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Chickenwings: yes Groucho is amazing :D I just love his eyebrows. They are perfectly even on both sides too! Hope he doesn't molt them!

Love your girls. They are adorable. The one I attached reminds me of an album cover!

I will check out that light. I have never taken any classes or been directed how to photograph. I am not quite sure how to use lighting to my advantage, other than the best times of day to get the best shots OUTSIDE with my birds.

I really enjoy editing the photos. I'm getting more into that right now.

Is there a certain filter you use on your photos? They look.. so soft and farmy.. Please share :)

5. blipit007

blipit007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2013
    Clinton ct
    Thats really cool. It was exactly what my brain was telling me to say about using a white flash card, but my brain was stuck in tired position... But that gadget is perfect. Sanna, this is what you should get! Makes the crappy on camera flash worthy!

Chickenwings, your photos are beautiful, and I agree, It does look like an album cover! Wish I had some property like that. I love the photo of your daughter pushing the hay!
    Kristen

6. smccuen

smccuen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Western NC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. chickenwings

May 7, 2012
    Cheney, WA

Yes I hope his eyebrows only get more magnificent with age :D

The filters I use are called Lightroom presets & I primarily use presets that I develop myself because they are tailored to my shooting.

8. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Do you edit in Photoshop?

9. Sanna

Sanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Beautiful pictures!
    Yeah, I think I'll order myself one of those and play around with it to see what I can do. :lol:

10. chickenwings

May 7, 2012
    Cheney, WA
    Yes, the software is Lightroom & it is in the Photoshop family. LR combines photo management & editing into one program. It doesn't have the crazy editing capabilities that Creative Suite has (which I think is the program that usually comes to mind when people say 'Photoshop') but it does everything I need it to do & I have been really happy with it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by