farm sets

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Godsgrl, May 17, 2010.

1. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    I am looking for a farm set for my friend's little girl. Everytime she comes over, she grabs my "barn" as she calls it, and plays with my set. I recieved mine as a child, have no idea where to find one now. My set has small animals, cows, pigs, geese, horses, sheep, etc. I have a few pieces of fencing as well.

I've looked online at Walmart, Target, Toys R Us, and various other online sites. I haven't found anything like I am looking for. The little girl is old enough not to put things in her mouth, so small items are okay. I know Tractor Supply sells animal figures, but they are so expensive, and that is buying one piece at a time.

Thank you for any suggestions!!

2. grundail01

grundail01 Songster

Jan 11, 2009
    Dustin Acres
    I have seen them off and on at Tractor Supply, usually in the fall around fair time here.

3. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    I will look next time I am there. Thank you!

4. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Songster

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    Try EBAY, your set sounds like the one that I had. Mine was a fisher price set, there out there! lol Try also looking at stores that sell used childrens toys and clothing. We have them here that are called Once Upon a child!

5. I used to work at a TSC and we had them there all of the time. Esp. during October-December for Christmas...some totally awesome sets. There is a really neat set made of wood with really neat fencing etc. She'll love it! Several sets came with really neat animals too. They also have less expensive ones that are plastic.

If your store doesn't have one on hand have them check with other stores and see if they'll transfer one to your store. I used to do it for my customers all of the time. Hopefully, they'll still be able to do that for you.

6. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Crowing 8 Years

Jan 12, 2010
  7. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Thank you for all of the wonderful suggestions

8. 3chimama

3chimama Songster 8 Years

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    I have a couple sets that I love and I have got them off Ebay....I have also found pieces at Goodwill in the toy section.

9. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Thank you. I hadn't thought about Goodwill.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: