Farm Sitting Business in Louisiana, anyone else?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by wendy, Jan 8, 2009.

1. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Hey, there is nothing in our area where anyone tries to do any Farm Sitting while you need to be out of town or on vacation. I am trying to get this started providing this service in my area, Grant Parish and possibly Rapides Parish.

Anyone else provide this service? Have any tips starting out?

Thanks, Wendy

(on the website I created - which is in my signature - there is a products page on there with Farm sitting info)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  2. TATERsmom

TATERsmom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2009
    South Louisiana
    [​IMG] I think it is a great idea. I live it Catahoula and my mom is down South. Everytime we want to travel to visit her I have to load all the animals. [​IMG] Last summer she invited us to stay at the Marksville campground with her. I drove up with 2 dogs, 6 puppies, a hamster and a cockatiel.[​IMG] She just laughed and said if I new you were bringing the whole farm I would not have invited you. She was just joking but I did want to leave it all at home. this was supposed to be my vacation. [​IMG]

3. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    I think it's an excellent idea! I was just wondering that myself... If I want to go out of town for the week, who's gonna check on the chickens?

4. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Thanks [​IMG]

Where do you live in Catahoula?

5. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Quote:I have gotten my neighbor to check on the chickens and ducks when we went camping in Ark. this last July. We were gone for 5 days. I left her plenty of feed and let them keep all the eggs they collected for doing this. They live right across the road from us. She did not work full time then either! So now she does plus we have more animals [​IMG]

what I am hoping by starting this is that i can find someone that i mess with and sit for them. stike up a friend ship and barter out the services/discounts, whatever it takes [​IMG]

6. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    Wendy, if you need an extra laborer, you know where to find me...practically right down the road from you.

7. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Quote:You changed your avatar oldnewchick, what am i saying i did too [​IMG]

Thanks I will keep that in mind! I hope this takes off [​IMG]

8. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    haha I know. I like yours!

You don't happen to plan on heading over to BUPC anytime soon? I'm itching to meet you, and I still wonder how I missed you... [​IMG]

Anyway. I really hope y'all can get this going!

9. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    No I am very happy at the church I am going to Family Worship Center in Pineville. Bro David Coody is the preacher. He use to pastor a Penecostal church, then he took over pastor of East Mead in Pollock till he felt God leading him to start his own church. We were going to East Meade before going to BUPC. I teach Sunday School now at FWC (a children's class)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by