Farmer in Chief??????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mom'sfolly, Nov 5, 2008.

1. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
  2. Morning Dove

Morning Dove Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    The Omnivore's Dilema is on my reading list.... as well as Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.....

A bunch of folks at my church read thoes two books, and we've had interesting discussions about them.

Dove

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I printed it out to read. As a farmer I'll be interested to see what it has to say.

4. erinm

erinm Posting For A change

Feb 24, 2007
    Central Massachusetts
    i just finished reading animal vege miracle. it was a good chronicle of what they did for the year, However, i could not give up bananas. i amtrying to do the 100-200 mile thing but have found minimal available in my area. ErinM

i did find a store called loaves and fishes in Charlton which i will try this week. ErinM

5. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    I love "In Defense of Food" It changed the way I live my life. Good stuff.

6. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:Both books were great. Nothing to be afraid of, though Pollan's book offers more questions than answers.

7. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    I posted the link here a few weeks ago, it got pummeled to the bottom of the list pretty fast so I don't think many people read it. I think the writer is 'right on' though!

8. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

I am right in the middle of Omnivores Dilemma - the article seems just a condensed version, but what I am glad to see is that in a magazine it will get out to the masses.....

9. adoptedbyachicken

adoptedbyachicken Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I have been trying for over a year to read The Omnivore's Dilemma and I have to say it's the best treatment for insomnia ever. I love the topic and so I keep trying but his style of writing gives me nothing to stay awake on. I never get past 2 pages, often not a full one so I find myself rereading and thus no progress.

10. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

I have checked it out from the library 3 times now & am barely past the halfway mark. Informative but like you said a bit of a snooze fest.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by