farmer t

farmer t

In the Brooder
Aug 21, 2015
all four chickens were fine this morning. in the afternoon I noticed one was breathing funny. Making a noise as she breathed in and out. kinda raspy. Not gurgling. Still eating and drinking and running around. I isolated her gave her Vetrx, kept her warm. She is still eating and drinking and by 1030 pm all noises has stopped. No runny nose or watery eyes. This morning I checked her and its like nothing happened. I checked her crop to make sure it wasn't hard. Seemed normal. She went immediately for her blueberries, lettuce and dry oats. Made her normal noises. Opinions?

Welcome to BYC. Sounds like she had stridor, a sound they can make when they have something in the airway partially blocking it. That could be a mucus plug, a piece of food, a foreign body, or swelling inside the airway that can happen.

:welcome
Thank you for joining BYC! :woot
Thank you for the insight. I think she had something stuck too. I put her back with her pals as it was sunny outside and watched her. Nothing unusual. I kept her in for a second night just to be sure no other symtoms developed. She was fine. So I put her back out this morning.

Back
Top Bottom